- If library staff can be of immediate assistance to you, please call Holt Library's information desk at 828.339.4288.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- You can also email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reserve a room for your study group at Holt Library! We have small meeting rooms available (first come, first served). Email or call the numbers listed in the box above. (You'll have study materials, printing, and librarians close at hand to help, too!)
How to register your student ID as your Holt Library card
You will not need a library account to use online resources. Simply log in to MySCC, choose the "Library" tab at the top of the page, and begin your research.
You will find online databases containing peer-reviewed articles, the library book catalog, and LibGuides (a collection of resources for your major, your classes, or your interests).
If you wish to use print materials (check out books, magazines, professional journals in print, or DVDs:
1. Obtain a student ID from the Cashier's office in Balsam building on the Jackson campus. (This is easily accomplished during Orientation!)
2. Do one of the following:
--bring your student ID to the library and we will help you create your library account.
--email us at email@example.com
--you can even call us at 800.449.4091x4288 and we will send you the registration form by email.
Borrow from other libraries: Interlibrary Loan Service
Remember, if we don't hold the book you need, you can also request it from another community college library in North Carolina.
Please allow at least a week for delivery, and be sure we have your current phone number/email address so that we can notify you when items arrive.
- See a staff member,
- call (828.339.4288), or
- email our librarian Tracy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a free service!
Holt Library Catalog Search
Search the library catalog to find books, videos, and more at Holt Library.
For more advanced search options, go directly to the library catalog.
Check out these tips from Todd Gordan, NASCAR driver Joey Logano's crew chief, from The Humble Mechanic podcasts.
Haven't found the information you need within 30 minutes??
Please ask for help!
Contact an SCC Librarian:
8:00 PM - 8:00 PM M-Th and 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Fri
828-339-4288 or 800-447-4091, ext. 4288
Or, Chat with a NC Librarian (Available after hours and weekends)
Click the image to get started
STUDENT COURSE in Blackboard:Search Library resources
LEARN HOW TO SEARCH THE LIBRARY AND DATABASES FOR THE INFO YOU NEED!
To quickly familiarize yourself with library resources including books, periodicals, and databases, take the brief Student Course located in your Blackboard account.
- Log in to MySCC.
- Choose "Blackboard."
Courses you are enrolled in appear on the upper right side of your screen.
- Take the "Holt Library Student Course."
If you have further questions, ask us! Contact information is located on our web page or on the Home tab in this guide.
Sherry Fox, Library Assistant