- If library staff can be of immediate assistance to you, please call Holt Library's information desk at 828.339.4288.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- You can also email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reserve a room for your study group at Holt Library! We have small meeting rooms available (first come, first served). Email or call the numbers listed in the box above. (You'll have study materials, printing, and librarians close at hand to help, too!)
Interlibrary Loan Service
Remember, if we don't hold the book you need, you can also request it from another community college library in North Carolina.
Please allow at least a week for delivery, and be sure we have your current phone number/email address so that we can notify you when items arrive.
- See a staff member,
- call (828.339.4288), or
- email our librarian Tracy: email@example.com.
This is a free service!
Holt Library Catalog Search
Search the library catalog to find books, videos, and more at Holt Library.
For more advanced search options, go directly to the library catalog.
Check out these tips from Todd Gordan, NASCAR driver Joey Logano's crew chief, from The Humble Mechanic podcasts.
Haven't found the information you need within 30 minutes??
Please ask for help!
Contact an SCC Librarian:
8:00 PM - 8:00 PM M-Th and 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Fri
828-339-4288 or 800-447-4091, ext. 4288
Or, Chat with a NC Librarian (Available after hours and weekends)
Click the image to get started
STUDENT COURSE in Blackboard:Search Library resources
LEARN HOW TO SEARCH THE LIBRARY AND DATABASES FOR THE INFO YOU NEED!
To quickly familiarize yourself with library resources including books, periodicals, and databases, take the brief Student Course located in your Blackboard account.
- Log in to MySCC.
- Choose "Blackboard."
Courses you are enrolled in appear on the upper right side of your screen.
- Take the "Holt Library Student Course."
If you have further questions, ask us! Contact information is located on our web page or on the Home tab in this guide.
Welcome to the Virtual Holt Library
The virtual library has resources and help available including:
- Online Databases containing
- Full-text books
- Audio books
- Streaming video
- Online articles
- Print materials
- Holt Librarians and staff (Available via phone or email): 828.339.4288 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- NC Knows librarian (Available via chat): see the "Home" tab in this LibGuide
If you would like to meet with your colleagues on campus, you may schedule a study room:
- Conference room (seating 20)
- Instructional room (seating 12)
- Tutorial/study room (seating 2).
Email, call us, or stop by in person to request a room (first come, first served).
Picking Up Print materials
Once you have found the print materials you need, contact the Holt library to arrange pick up at:
- Holt Library
- Macon Center (at the information desk).
- Swain Center
Please explore the tabs to get help finding the types of resources you need, and never hesitate to contact us with a question.
Sherry Fox, Library Assistant